Batch shipping implies that orders are held back in the GotPhoto system and not sent to the lab for production until a given deadline.
STEP 1: Activate batch shipping in the general settings
Go to “Settings” → “Sales settings” → “Shipping settings.”
Either “Batch Shipping (optional)” or “Batch Shipping (mandatory)” will need to be selected before creating a photo job, otherwise the option will not be available.
- Optional: you will be able to choose between batch shipping and direct shipping within each job.
- Mandatory: all new jobs will automatically be set to batch shipping and direct shipping will no longer be possible.
- The following information will be transferred to the labs along with the batch order: the name of the subject (student), group (class), the internal job name, and the contractee.
STEP 2: When creating a new job
Photo jobs that are set to batch shipping will have a different order process, as orders will be held (not sent to the lab) until a given deadline. Consequently, the emails sent to your customers and the shop layout are going to be different than for direct shipping.
To activate batch shipping when creating a photo job, follow these steps::
- Select “Batch shipping” in step three (“Important events”) when completing the job settings.
- Next, set the deadline date for when the batch will stop collecting orders and be sent to the lab. Customers will have until 11:59PM on the given date to be included in the batch.
- Then, select which process shall be used once the date has been reached:
- Manual: the orders will need to be transferred manually to the lab via the Batch Shipping page: https://app.gotphoto.co.uk/config_batch_collectors/index
- Automatic: the orders will be automatically transferred to the lab immediately after the deadline closes.
In addition, you will need to select an action to take place once the transfer has been completed i.e. “archive job”, “set the job to direct shipping,” or “start a new batch”.
- Optional: Orders that aren't paid for yet will not transfer with the batch. Instead, they will automatically be included in a new batch and wait for the payment to be completed. To cancel these orders instead, select "Cancel unpaid orders". Also, if you would like to give your customers the opportunity to pay for direct shipping, you can also allow direct shipping by checking the box.
The extended batch shipping options allow you to provide useful information to your customers and for the delivery:
- Customer information: the production time and the name of the contractee. If a number higher than 0 is entered, your customers will see an expected delivery date entry during the checkout process that adds this number of days to the deadline date selected above for the batch.
- Delivery information: boxes may be selected or left unmarked based on the settings of the job and your personal preference.